Sunday, January 4, 2009

A break is as good as a rest!

When asked about what I do to deal with writers block:

I like drawing to I have to say, I find it very relaxing and meditative. But I came from animation, so I imagine there are plenty of writers out there who don't draw. I find moving onto something else, starting a new project, doing re-writes on an old one, just getting away from it for a while. Don't be a afraid to jump from script to script, no one's stopping you, there's no rules that say you can't. In fact some great scripts have been written because of writers block... prime example, Coen Brothers wrote Barton Fink because they had writers block on Millers Crossing. Andrew Stanton wrote Wall-E out of writers block on Finding Nemo. I myself always jump around, and I find when I've had time to think, or rather, time not to think about it, I come back fresh, re-energised and with new ideas. A breaks as good as a rest.

No comments: