Monday, January 12, 2009

Just Ask Me

In keeping with the No-Budget way of things (we are in a recession after all) I had the pleasure of being involved to some small degree, I did the music, with a new no-budget short film calledJust Ask Me

Written by Allan Clarke, it tells the story of a young man who crosses paths with an unusual individual, who, it seems, has the answers to some of life's eternal questions, all one need do is ask.

Shot in one day on a freezing cold January morn with a small crew for no money it just shows what can be done with the bare minimum. All you need is what you have to hand, some friends and plenty of determination. I love it! Makes me wonder how many films don't get made because people think it can't be done, when it so easily can. 

I know Allan had some problems getting the film made, the director pulling out the day before they shot being the main one! Nice! But these things are sent to test us and I think the guys proved that the project was important enough to carry on and not go quietly into the night. 

(David Butler steps into the breech as 
Director, the stress takes it's toll.) 

Allan let me read the script a few months ago and I really enjoyed it. Back then he wasn't sure if it was going to happen, but he got it together with the help of his friends...

Allan Clarke: Writer/Exec Producer also played Joe
Brian Talbot: Adam
David Butler: Director
John McDonnell: Producer
Dean Kelly: DOP
Dorothy Craven: Make-up
Frank Kelly: Music (that's me!)
Bench: as himself
I wish the guys all the best with this film and hope it does well for them. And I hope to see many more to come from the Just Ask Me team.

No comments: